Do you feel confident in your mathematical ability or have you studied Functional Skills elsewhere and only need the exam? Register now and choose an exam date that suits you.
Maths – Functional Skills
Open Awards Level 2 Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics supports learners to apply their mathematical skills, through appropriate reasoning and decision making, to solve realistic problems of increasing complexity.
Learners should be:
• Introduced to new areas of life and work so that they are exposed to concepts and problems which, while not of immediate concern, may be of value in later life;
• Enabled to develop an appreciation of the role played by mathematics in the world of work and in life generally;
• Able to use these skills autonomously, applying them to a range of formal and informal contexts, in the workplace and in real life.
Scope of Study
- Using numbers and the number system
- Using common measures, shape and space
- Handle information and data
- Solving mathematical problems and decision making
You will gain an Open Awards Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics. More information can be found at Open Awards.
Candidates for the Level 2 Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics will be required to under take a diagnostic assessment to determine their level of current understanding.
The examination consists of one exam, which consists of two sections.
Non-Calculator - 30 Minutes - 15 Marks
Calculator - 1 hour and 30 minutes - 45 Marks