Gaining your Functional Skills qualifications will help you to improve your employment chances as well as enable you to apply for a range of jobs. You will also be able to apply to apprenticeship schemes and University courses with this qualification.
BMH Training Limited is accredited by Open Awards.
Upon purchasing this product, you will be able to download an enrolment form and further information about your course.
Maths – Functional Skills
Open Awards Level 2 Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics supports learners to apply their mathematical skills, through appropriate reasoning and decision making, to solve realistic problems of increasing complexity.
Learners should be:
• Introduced to new areas of life and work so that they are exposed to concepts and problems which, while not of immediate concern, may be of value in later life;
• Enabled to develop an appreciation of the role played by mathematics in the world of work and in life generally;
• Able to use these skills autonomously, applying them to a range of formal and informal contexts, in the workplace and in real life.
Scope of Study
- Using numbers and the number system
- Using common measures, shape and space
- Handle information and data
- Solving mathematical problems and decision making
You will gain an Open Awards Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics. More information can be found at Open Awards.
Candidates for the Level 2 Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics will be required to under take a diagnostic assessment to determine their level of current understanding.
The examination consists of one exam, which consists of two sections.
Non-Calculator - 30 Minutes - 15 Marks
Calculator - 1 hour and 30 minutes - 45 Marks